Tyson Fury Says Anthony Joshua Fight Is Falling Apart

Andrew Ravens
ByAndrew RavensProfessional Boxing Journalist

Tyson Fury now says the Anthony Joshua fight is unlikely to be signed and blames the other side for wanting more money.

Fury posted a video update in which he said the deal is not getting done.

Quick update for you. It doesn’t look like they’re going to sign the fight. It doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. All because Eddie Hearn and that want more money.

He argued that the push for a UK venue has been about leverage rather than location.

All this talk of wanting the fight in England, we want this we want that, it’s only to get more money to go to America. I’ve bent over backwards to make this fight happen. First of all it was England, then it was in Ireland, then it was in America, I said I’ll go anywhere.

Fury said he intends to fight in November regardless.

I’m not interested in where the fight is, I just want to fight, I’m match fit, I’ve had two fights this year, I’m ready to rock and roll baby. If you don’t want to get it on I’ll fight somebody else in November. It doesn’t matter.

The message is a reversal from where his own camp stood days ago. Fury posted a video earlier this week saying a big announcement was imminent, and Netflix released a teaser featuring both men. His promoter, Frank Warren, told BoxNation last week that the fight would happen and that Joshua’s side either accepts the United States or does not.

Hearn maintains that Joshua’s contract specifies the UK and that no change has been agreed. BoxingScene reported that the two contracts were out of sync on date and venue. Earlier this week, reports said both fighters had signed for November 20 at Madison Square Garden, which Hearn disputed. He has also raised the possibility of legal action over the venue talks.